The next part in the Hosting Your Own Local Fashion Show blog series focuses on Pre-Event Promotion. Building buzz for your boutique fashion show is a HUGE key to your success. Your promotion should start about 6 – 8 weeks out from the actual live date. This will give you ample opportunity to build buzz. When executing on your Pre-Event Promotion, be sure to constantly reference your Local Fashion Show Plan. The plan helps you stay on course, as sometimes social tools can eat up more of your time than you’d like. Using online social tools requires a bit of discipline, which is a topic for another day.
Being able to pull off an event like hosting your own local boutique fashion show is a big feat for all business owners, both large and small. With that said, a few years ago, it was almost impossible to host your own successful Fashion Show as a small business. The main reason being costs. Tools for pulling off a fashion show have been around for a while, but those tools were just so much more expensive than tools today. Free online social tools like Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Google Local, and many others can help clothing boutique owners create a ton of buzz around their local Fashion Show. You can host a contest to give away free tickets to the community. You can offer discounts to live attendees on anything they purchase that night. Really, the opportunities are limitless if you get creative.
Here are a few other ideas that might help you get started promoting your boutique fashion show:
- Setup a Twitter target list of local media outlets and start building relationships with those folks. Then when it comes time to promote your Fashion Show, be sure to let them in on this creative endeavor. Hopefully you get some pub on their local news websites
- Package up a few new clothing pieces that you plan to unveil at the show and start sending them to random local residents with an invitation to attend the live event
- Shoot a video of someone describing the event and the new fashion line. Post it to YouTube to help explain what attendees can expect
- Create a Flickr Slide Show with pictures of some of the new fashion items that will be revealed – giving people a sneak peak at only some items
- Write a blog post or 3 about the event and promote it through your social networks
Again, all it takes to pull off pre-event promotion is a little creativity, a plan, and an understanding of how to best use the free online social tools to your advantage. Now, more than any other time in history, small business owners can take control of their marketing efforts and really drive sales for their small business. Running a Local Fashion Show is a really creative way to promote your small clothing boutique. Now, through free online social tools, you have the ability to market your business like a Fortune 500 company.
The next installment of the Hosting Your Own Local Fashion Show blog series focuses on a href=”hhttp://www.catalystmarketers.com/fashion-show-event-hosting/” title=”Host a fashion show”>Fashion Show Event Hosting. Remember to check back to our blog every few days to get access to the new post once it’s up OR simply subscribe to Catalyst Marketers blog to receive email updates when new posts are published.