Do you own a retail store or have some sort of physical location that your customers can come to buy your products? If so, how are you engaging your customers when they are at your location? Customer engagement is an absolute must for all business owners. If your customers aren’t engaged in your business then they are going to leave your store as quickly as they entered. A great “non-salesy” way to get your customers to learn more about your products is to use QR codes as a way of encouraging customers to watch product videos while they visit your store.
How to Use QR Codes to Serve Up Product Videos
Do you have any products that customers always have questions about? Do you sell technical products? Do you have products in your store that customers absolutely love and always come back to tell you about? All products have a story. All products need to provide customers with value. Some products are intuitive enough whereby customers don’t need extra information. Other products need to be explained before customers are willing to buy them. If you’re looking for ways to engage your customers when they come to your store, then why not use QR codes and product videos to do it?
Here are a few of the major steps you need to take to execute this marketing tactic in your store:
- Find 4-5 products that you think would benefit from a little more attention and explanation
- Shoot quick 30 second to 1 minute videos for each. Pick a topic for each. They all don’t have to be “How-To” videos or “Customer Testimonials”. In fact, it would probably be better if they were a little different.
- Upload them to your YouTube Channel
- Find a QR code generator that can display URLs and create a QR code for each product video
- Print each QR code on a sign that can be displayed on or near the appropriate product
- Start promoting your new marketing tactic online and in your store – Let your customers know how they can get access to these great new videos. Most customers will have smart phones with the capability to scan QR codes and watch online video.
- Train your employees on how they can help your customers interact with QR codes in your store
Benefits of Using QR Codes to Serve Up Product Videos In Your Store
Using QR codes to serve up product videos to customers who visit your store can offer a business a number of different benefits. Here are a few of the top benefits of using QR codes for video marketing:
- Increases sales
- Engages customers while they are in your store
- Builds a deeper relationship between you and your customer
- Increases the customers’ product knowledge
- Keeps customers in your store
Increasingly we are seeing businesses use technology-enabled engagement tactics to educate and engage their customers. QR codes are fun. Videos are engaging and can be educational. Using QR codes as a way to get customers to access your product videos can be extremely impactful for those business owners who implement it properly.
5 Types of Videos to Serve Up Via QR Codes
So, are you thinking that this might be a fun tactic for you to try at your business? If so, here are a few ideas for different types of product videos that you can serve up to your customers through QR codes:
- Technical videos
- Customer testimonials
- Fun facts
- How it’s made – Talk about how the materials used in the product are sourced (ie. organic, fair-trade, etc.)
- Product benefits
These are just 5 different types of videos that you can create, but there are probably a lot more. What you want to do is think about your products and your customers. What type of videos would your customers find most valuable? Once you figure that out, the rest is easy!
Has anyone ever used QR codes to serve up product videos to your customers? If so, please share your experiences with our readers by leaving a comment below. We appreciate it!